Hi, I’m Rich. I work at leading technology companies in product leadership positions, helping teams of product managers, engineers and designers to create world class applications.
I currently work at Just Eat Takeaway.com, as Global Director of Product. Did somebody say Just Eat?
SPEAKING & EVENTS
I have enjoyed speaking at events and have been featured on panels at a number of leading international product meet-ups, including…
- Leadership Panel, Mind The Product
- London Product Group
- Tales from the Marketplace, ProductTank
- Creating Wonderful UX, Future of Web Design
In Issue 239 of .net magazine I chatted to indie game developers about how easy it now is for web professionals to create an iOS and Android game. I also spoke to the leading mobile SDKs Corona, GameSalad, and Gideros.
In a feature on User Experience I wrote for Issue 234 of .net magazine, I argue that a healthy curiosity in human nature helps us create delightful sites and apps.
I was a contributor to Offscreen magazine.
In issue #2 I interviewed the wonderful Ged Maheux from IconFactory.
In issue #3 I interviewed Chris Coyier from CSS Tricks on everything from working at Wufoo to the zombie apocalypse!
In issue #4 I interviewed Jeremy Keith about playing the bouzouki, and why his job as Technical Director involves a lot of goofing off on the Internet!
I also put together a handy international conference guide, so you’ll know where to spend your time (and money!).
In issue #5 I interviewed Jon Hicks about being a colourblind designer, creating globally recognised icons, and how cycling changed his life.
I’ve written a number of articles for Smashing Magazine, including:
- Bringing Angry Birds to Facebook
- Behind The Scenes Of Tourism New Zealand
- CSS3 Flexible Box Layout Explained
- Behind The Scenes Of Nike Better World
- How To Use CSS3 Pseudo-Classes
- Using HTML5 To Transform WordPress’ TwentyTen Theme
Think Vitamin, a blog from the Carsonified team, is now part of Treehouse. Some of the articles I wrote include:
- HTML5 Audio Unplugged
- Fun with HTML5 Forms
- Twitter @Anywhere Revisited
- Getting Started with HTML5 Video
- Getting Started with WordPress Custom Menus
- Create your first WordPress Custom Post Type
- WordPress 3.0 for Web Designers
I’ve contributor to a number of books published by Smashing Magazine.
I got bored in 2019 Christmas holidays, and so made an iOS game. It’s a take on Asteroids, and it rocks.
GET IN TOUCH
I’m currently based at home, and in the heart of London, England.
Director of Product
Just Eat Takeaway.com
Fleet Place House
London EC4M 7RD