Hi, I’m Richard. I work at leading technology companies in senior product roles, helping teams of product managers, engineers and designers to create world class applications.
I got bored in 2019 Christmas holidays, and so made an iOS game. It’s a take on Asteroids, and it rocks.
In Issue 239 of .net magazine I chatted to indie game developers about how easy it now is for web professionals to create an iOS and Android game. I also spoke to the leading mobile SDKs Corona, GameSalad, and Gideros.
In a feature on User Experience I wrote for Issue 234 of .net magazine, I argue that a healthy curiosity in human nature helps us create delightful sites and apps.
I was a contributor to Offscreen magazine.
In issue #4 I interviewed Jeremy Keith about playing the bouzouki, and why his job as Technical Director involves a lot of goofing off on the Internet!
I also put together a handy international conference guide, so you’ll know where to spend your time (and money!) in 2013.
In issue #5 I interviewed Jon Hicks about being a colourblind designer, creating globally recognised icons, and how cycling changed his life.
- Bringing Angry Birds to Facebook
- Behind The Scenes Of Tourism New Zealand
- CSS3 Flexible Box Layout Explained
- Behind The Scenes Of Nike Better World
- How To Use CSS3 Pseudo-Classes
- Using HTML5 To Transform WordPress’ TwentyTen Theme
Think Vitamin, a blog from the Carsonified team, is now part of Treehouse. Some of the articles I wrote include:
- HTML5 Audio Unplugged
- Fun with HTML5 Forms
- Twitter @Anywhere Revisited
- Getting Started with HTML5 Video
- Getting Started with WordPress Custom Menus
- Create your first WordPress Custom Post Type
- WordPress 3.0 for Web Designers
I’ve contributor to a number of books published by Smashing Magazine.
GET IN TOUCH
I’m currently based at home, and in the heart of London, England.
Global Head of Product, Restaurants
Fleet Place House
London EC4M 7RD